Definition – A value is something important, valuable, or desirable.
Jesus told a parable in which he said the kingdom of heaven is like an executive who was looking for fine pearls. When the executive found a pearl of great value, he returned home and sold everything in order to purchase that one pearl (Matthew 13:45-46). The following values represent those things that we treasure at NLC.
- We value God’s Word.
- We value Jesus Christ.
- We value the Holy Spirit’s presence and work in our lives.
- We value prayer.
- We value biblical teaching and well-rounded education.
- We value the family and wholesome relationships.
- We value servant leaders and servanthood.
- We value sharing the good news about Jesus.
- We value purity, integrity, and excellence.
- We value people.